- Create and oversee the communications strategy for SMCS GROUP and its group of companies, elevating the messaging and media impact to all external audiences through inspiring communications.
- Work with the SMCS Management team to support communications for SMCS GROUP – creating content for external audiences.
- Surface stories from the actions and achievements of our companies and other partners. Project-manage content creation and publishing, working with relevant teams and composing content, materials collection, and publication schedules.
- Project manage and compose presentation decks, print materials, and digital collateral furthering SMCS GROUP and its group of companies.
- Work with the SMCS GROUP Chief Executive Officer to ensure moderation notes and flow are all in place in advance of gatherings.
- Create materials for the promotion, sales, and execution of events, to bring on board new clients and partners, for existing clients/partners, etc, ensuring strong and consistent messaging, and content that maximises our ability to inspire impact.
- Compose content for the SMCs GROUP’s and its group of companies digital channels.Evaluate and screen partner content and promotions in partnership with PR, Brand and Communications teams, including promotional materials and social media posts.
- Oversee the SMCS GROUP website and coordination of the SMCS social media content.
- Support and help coordinate advocacy work in partnership with the SMCS EARTH team.
- Create and manage large-scale SMCS GROUP campaigns – working in close partnership with SMCS management.
- Work closely with the SMCS company CEO’s to ensure all materials align with the SMCS brand.
Outcomes + Tracking
- Track and record outcomes from external activity.
- Capture and share all event/trip impact outcomes with external stakeholders.
- Maintain updated CRM records.
- Manage delivery against impact projects with clients, external partners and internal project teams, surfacing relevant stories and content.
Opportunities + Partnerships
- Elevate the public profile of SMCS GROUP and its group of companies, securing external media placement for our work.
- Develop and manage a pipeline of senior-level relationships with external partner networks, driving opportunities to further our exposure to clients and external partners.
- Manage communications about SMCS GROUP and its group of companies and develop opportunities for collaboration with relevant stakeholders.
Skills & Experience
- Ideally 3+ years of experience in communications or marketing experience is a bonus.
- Brilliant writer with a keen editorial eye.
- Excellent awareness of brand and ability to construct messages and materials that inspire community behavior to meet set objectives.
- Ability to multitask/run multiple projects simultaneously, excellent attention to detail.
- Self-starter driven to create a better world.
- Design skills are a bonus.
Closing Date: Until filled
SMCS Management embraces diversity and inclusion. We believe diverse perspectives are vital to our purpose of Driving Change Through Investment and we aim to make SMCS a fair and supportive work culture for everyone. A place where people can be their true selves, deliver their best work, and have a lot of fun at the same time. We regularly check to make sure we stay true to our word and live up to our values.
If you are interested in this role, fill out the ‘Apply for this Job’ section, where you can submit an online application. It’s worth noting, if you move away from the application page you will lose any progress you’ve made with your application so far, so you do need to complete it in one sitting.
For more information about SMCS GROUP click here.